. Alas, not me: Review: Beside the Ocean of Time

29 November 2018

Review: Beside the Ocean of Time

Beside the Ocean of Time Beside the Ocean of Time by George Mackay Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just read this book for the second time. The first time through I had enjoyed its air of another world, its characters, and its wry and lyrical prose. The memory of that stuck with me, and kept calling me back to read the book again, as if it were my childhood memory of a former life. It was even better than I remember it.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This is another one I owe you on, Tom Hillman. I went over to Amazon and purchaed, not this one (yet) but 'Vinland,' which I have nearly finished and have enjoyed reading more than i have enjoyed anything for a long while. A breath of air.

    ReplyDelete